Notre Dame offers TK – 5th Graders the opportunity to learn Spanish in the classroom. Our Spanish teacher, Mrs. Ward, works with the students each week in their respective classrooms. The goals is to master the “I Can” statements to provide them a basis for future Spanish language learning. Notre Dame is so fortunate to have such an experienced Spanish teacher who loves to work with students. The students look forward to their Spanish lessons each week!
- Example I Can Statements
- I can say the Spanish alphabet.
- I can say the numbers 0-199 in Spanish.
- I can greet people and say good-bye.
- I can introduce myself and others.
- I can say the date and time.
- I can form and ask basic questions.
- I can describe people and things.
- I can express likes, dislikes, needs and wants.
- I can conjugate regular verbs in the present tense to say what people do.
- I can describe weather.
- I can talk about school and my classes.
- I can talk about family and things I do at home.
- I can talk about food.
- I can talk about daily routines.